Disability Resources Skip to main content


Applying for Financial Aid

Yes. In order to remain eligible for financial aid you must complete a FAFSA each academic year.

During the Financial Aid Application Process

Log onto the website using the myYC Login button to check the status of your financial aid file. In the MyYC portal: Click on My Account → My Financial Aid → Home tab. Be sure to select the correct award year (year in which you will use the funding) → Select the appropriate link (Verification, SAP. MTF, etc.) to complete and upload required documentation, if any is requested.

It takes 7-10 business days for YC to receive your FAFSA once submitted. When your application is received, we will send you an email outlining what you should do next. This email will be sent to the email address you listed on your FAFSA.

No. Contact the Financial Aid Office and speak with a Financial Aid Advisor regarding your eligibility to petition for Income Reduction: (928) 776-2152.

Federal Financial Aid programs consider you a dependent of your parents until you are 24 years of age. Your parent's income information and signature is required on your FAFSA. The following exceptions may apply: if the student is married, if the student has a dependent child, or if the student has an honorable military discharge. Contact a financial aid advisor for more information: (928) 776-2152.

Entrance counseling completion notifications are sent electronically to YC by the Dept. of Education regularly. However, it may take 3-5 days to show as a satisfied requirement on your YC My Financial Aid page.

Financial Aid Awarding Questions

The type of aid you are awarded, the number of credits you are enrolled in and the start date of your classes will affect the amount of your disbursement and when you may receive a disbursement. The first disbursement for financial aid is approximately 10 days after the beginning of the semester. Review the Attending Hours Policy for more information and the Academic Calendar for disbursement dates.

Not necessarily. We will review your FAFSA results and award a Federal Pell Grant based on your eligibility. If that amount does not cover all of your educational costs, you may be eligible for a student loan.

Your account will show a balance due until your financial aid funds are received from the Department of Education. Funds are generally received after the semester begins and your attendance in classes has been verified. See our Financial Aid policies page for more information.

Students are eligible to charge books if they have been awarded financial aid and have a credit balance after all tuition, fees and room and board charges have been posted. Students will have the opportunity to charge books for a limited time. Please see the Academic Calendar for specific dates.

Changes to your class schedule can affect your continued eligibility for aid. If you withdraw from a class, you will not owe money but it will lower your rate of progression. If you completely withdraw from all classes, not only will you lower your rate of progression but you may also have to pay back some of your financial aid. See the Withdrawal Policy and the SAP Policy for more information.

The StudentLoans.gov website is a central database of your financial aid history. You can find information on loan and/or grant amounts, outstanding balances, loan statuses, and disbursements.

Other Funding: Grants, Scholarships & Work Study

Please see our Types of Aid page to learn more about other funding options.

Please see our Scholarship page for more information.

Please see our Student Employment page for more information.

Scholarships are posted to students' accounts once the award letter and check have been received from the donor. Students are encouraged to follow up with the donor to see when the check was or will be sent to YC. Once received, the scholarship should be on the account within a few days.