Disability Resources Skip to main content

Bill & Payment Information

Tuition Payment Policy   ( current tuition rates)

For Fall 2022 classes:

At the time of enrollment , to secure classes,  student must complete one of the three following options:

  • Pay in full 
  • Set up a payment plan
  • Have approved Financial Aid memo reflected on the student’s accounts

Students whose registration is not in good standing may be dropped from classes. Late start classes are also subject to the above payment policy.

To pay in full or set up a payment plan go to: www.yc.edu -> click "My Account" -> click "Payment Center"

Students whose registration is not in good standing will be dropped in accordance with the drop dates displayed on the academic calendar

Yavapai College wants you to be successful in your courses, please access the following emails/phone numbers for payment assistance questions:

  • Financial Aid (928) 776-2152
  • Student Accounts (928) 776-2124
  • General Registration Questions/Assistance? Admissions (928) 717-7777

Please Note failure to pay your balance due will result in the following actions:

  • A Financial Hold will be placed on your account, prohibiting the following services and privileges
    • Official Transcripts
    • Future Registration
    • Diploma Receipt
  • It is Yavapai College’s policy to refer any unpaid account balances to an external collection agency
  • Failure to drop your classes yourself or to attend your classes does not relieve you of your registration or financial obligation.  Classes must be officially dropped online by you in accordance with the drop deadlines in order to have tuition adjusted.  Drop deadlines can be found on the Academic Calendar

Pay Online:

  • Login to your myYC portal link in the upper right-hand corner
  • Click on the My Account card
  • Click on Payment Center

You will be redirected to your Payment Portal where you can make a payment or set up a payment plan. ( step-by-step instructions)

Payments in Person:

In-person payments will be accepted at the Cashier Station on the Prescott Campus.

1098T Information  - pdf download

Students that have an outside agency (employer, workman's comp., Voc. Rehab., etc.) that will be paying their tuition, can have a third party billing set up. This is what is required:

  1. A letter of authorization on the agency's letterhead
  2. First name, last name, and student ID number for each student covered
  3. Course(s) to be paid and/or specific dollar amount limit being authorized
  4. Specific billing requirements (e.g. tuition only, no out-of-state tuition, whether any federal financial aid is to be applied to students' balance first)
  5. Contact person's name, email and telephone number
  6. Billing address
  7. Authorization letter must be e-mailed to the Bursar at bursar@yc.edu

The letter will serve as payment to hold classes. However, in order to hold classes, the letter must be received by the Bursar 5 days prior to the student registering for class(es). Tuition will still be invoiced to the third party should the student not drop their classes by the deadline for a refund/reversal of tuition (see Academics>Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines). In the event the third party agency does not provide payment by the date due when invoiced, the balance will be the student's responsibility.

Any questions regarding third party billing can be directed to the Bursar at the e-mail above or 928-776-2138.

Refund Information

Tuition Refunds are processed weekly, typically for release on Wednesdays. If there have been no credit card payments or a refund profile has not been set up, a check will be issued and mailed. IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your address in your YC Portal is current. Go to: myYC portal -> My Account -> Payment Center to view refunds. 

Tuition Refunds for Payments Made By Credit Card

Credit card refunds override refund profiles. If a student made credit card payments and set up a refund profile, then was to receive a refund from dropping a class, the refund will go back to the credit card and not to the refund profile.

Tuition Refunds for Payments Made By Electronic Check

Refunds resulting in payments made by electronic check will be held for 10 business days before the refund can be processed.

Financial Aid Refunds are also processed weekly, typically for release on Wednesdays. Financial Aid refunds will be issued in one of the following two ways:

  1. By check mailed through USPS (no pick up option available). IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have your current address updated in your YC Portal under “Personal Information” to ensure your check will be mailed to the correct address.
  2. Electronically by ACH refund profile. Refund profiles can be set up in your YC Portal under “My Bills and Payments” by clicking on any of the following: “Refunds”, “Payment Profiles” or on the purple “Refund Account Setup” link. You will be setting up a payment profile and then check the box that says “Use this for refunds”.

Military Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded.

In accordance with Department of Defense policy, Yavapai College is required to return any unearned TA funds on a prorated basis through at least 60% of the period for which the funds were provided. The calculation of the unearned TA funds will be based upon the student's last day of attendance. The unearned funds will be returned to the applicable military Service branch and the student will be financially responsible to pay Yavapai College for the amount of unearned TA funds returned.

Yavapai College will work with students in instances when the student stops attending due to a military service obligation to identify solutions that will not result in student debt for the returned portion.

Student Account Information

For Questions regarding your student account balance, payments, payment plans, refunds or any other student account related issue contact:

Financial Aid Information

For questions pertaining to Financial Aid please contact the Financial Aid Office:

Registration Information

For questions regarding adding or dropping classes contact the Answer Center:

Residence Life Information

For questions regarding your housing assignment, to change a meal plan or residence hall selection or any other housing/meal related questions or issues, contact the Residence Life Office: