Frequently Asked Questions

  I can't log in - how do I find instructions?

You will find login instructions with images on the YC Help Page #4.

  Where can I find my Y number?

Your Y number can be found in multiple locations, see the YC Help Page #8 for instructions.

  When does registration begin?

The beginning of registration is different for each semester. Continuing, degree-seeking students always register one week before open registration begins. See the Academic Calendar page for current and upcoming semester dates.

  How and where do I register for classes?

New students must apply for admission to Yavapai College. Become a Student offers a quick step by step guide to apply and receive the username and password required to register for classes. Once this step is completed, you will find available classes at Search/Register for Classes. If needed, computers are available for use in the locations listed below.

Prescott Campus: Bldg 19 Library or Computer Commons, Bldg 1 Lobby (first floor) or Learning Center (second floor)

Verde Valley Campus: Learning Center M-122

  How do I add or drop a class after I register?

Classes can be added or dropped by logging onto, then go to My Services, Students, Drop Classes or Search/Register for Classes.

  How many credits are required to be a full time student?

Full-time student status is defined as 12 credit hours or more per semester. You can find the definition of Academic Load in the current YC Catalog.

  Will YC accept credits from another college?

YC accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions for courses 100 level or higher, completed with a grade of C- or better. Students who have prior college credits should indicate this on the admission application and provide Yavapai College with an official transcript from each one attended. For more information see Student Academic Support.

  How do I send my transcript from another school to Yavapai College?

Contact any prior college to request your official transcript be sent to:
Yavapai College Enrollment Services
1100 E. Sheldon St
Prescott, AZ 86301.

Find more information about the transcript evaluation process on our Transcript Requests page.

  How do I order my transcript?

Students can access their unofficial transcript by logging onto the website. Go to My Services, Students, My Transcripts/Grades to view or print a copy.

There are 3 ways to request an official YC transcript:

  1. Order through the Parchment Exchange website.
  2. Order in person at any Yavapai College location.
  3. Order by mail with a written, signed request enclosing a $10.00 check or money order to:
    Yavapai College Enrollment Services
    1100 E. Sheldon St.
    Prescott, AZ 86301

Please include your current name, address, phone number, YC student ID number, name and address to whom the transcript will be sent, and whether one is to be sent after specified grades or a degree is posted. For more information go to our Transcript Requests page.

  What will my classes cost?

Tuition costs vary for credit or non-credit, residency status, and class credit hours. For more information go to our Tuitions & Fees at Yavapai College page.

  How do I print my class schedule?

Students can print their class schedule at any WEPA station on campus. See WEPA Printing for pricing, where to purchase WEPA Print Cards, and more.

  Why am I dropped if I don't go to class the first day?

Yavapai College students are expected to attend the first class meeting or they may be dropped as "no shows".

  Where can I find dates and important deadlines?

Academic dates and deadlines are on the current semester Academic Calendar. See Financial Aid Calendars for important dates and timelines for financial aid.

  Where can I find the college catalog?

The Yavapai College catalog is available online on our Yavapai College Catalog page. The catalog is filled with information on degree and certificate programs, academic and college policies and procedures, code of conduct, and more. Printed versions are not available.

A current, searchable, semester specific class schedule can be viewed online. Printed versions are not available.

  How do I schedule a campus tour?

See our Discover Yavapai page for campus tour dates/times and complete the online reservation form. Reservations are required.

  Do you have to be enrolled in a class to go to the pool and gym?

Yes, students must be enrolled in a course to use the pool or gym. For facilities and hours of operation see our HPER Facilities page, and find classes available through Search/Register for Classes.

A Flex Pass may also be purchased for between-semester access. For more information, contact: Jennifer Taylor, (928) 776-2235.

  Can I take classes at Yavapai before I graduate from high school?

Yes, high school students have various options for enrollment at Yavapai College. See our High School Students page for information for students and parents about Concurrent Enrollment, Dual Enrollment, or Summer Bridge Grants.

  I haven't received my diploma, what do I do?

You must apply for graduation in order to receive your diploma or certificate, with the following exceptions: AHS-114 Nursing Assistant, AHS-291 NARTA, or EMS-132 EMS Tech students. To apply for graduation, contact Academic Advising to make an appointment: (928) 776-2106.

Generally, certificate and degree diplomas are conferred and mailed 4-6 weeks after the graduation semester, as long as a student has no indebtedness to the College. If you have not received your diploma in the time frame stated, please contact Marianne Doyle.

  Do I need a student ID card, and where can I get one?

An ID card is not mandatory but it is recommended. Some classes require the One-Card for access to the building. Students can obtain an ID card at the following locations:

  • Prescott Campus: Bldg 1 Lobby/ Answer Center
  • Verde Valley Campus: Building I
  • CTEC: Reception desk
  • Students at Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, and Sedona campuses can have their photos taken for the ID card. It will be sent to their campus for pick-up. Some area businesses offer discounts for customers with a student ID card. For current listings and more information see our One-Card page.
  How do I put money on my student ID card?

Your YC student ID card can be used as a debit card for campus purchases at the Bookstore, Rider Diner, Common Grounds Cafe, Mail Center, Library, WEPA printing stations, or Learning Center Copier. Flexicash deposits may be added to your student YC OneCard at the Cashier in Building 1 Prescott Campus, Building I Verde Campus, or online at the YC Marketplace. Your Y number is required when making a deposit. For more information see our Yavapai College OneCard page.

  How do I learn more about holds?

Students can now view any hold that exists on their records by logging into the website and going to My Services/Students/View Holds:

  • Holds will be displayed with a phone number for the student to use to resolve the hold.
  • If there is no hold, the page will tell the student that no holds exist.